Today is the day that I ended up at the hospital because Dr. M was worried about my preeclampsia. How my chart ended up in front of him, I may never know. But I guess we are glad it did. Because he looked at it and consulted with other doctors, including at MFM, and asked me to come in. And the labs and blood pressure said that the preeclampsia is now severe. And BGL needs to get here before anything gets worse for her or me.
So here we are.
I’m not going home until after she’s on the outside.
We almost made it to 34 weeks. Almost.
There’s so much to say about this day. But I’m on a lot of drugs to stave off the worst effects of preeclampsia and to encourage my blood pressure to stay out of the stratosphere. So I’ll have to hope that someday I have the time or energy to give this day the post it deserves.
Best news of the day, though, is that BGL is now head down after being breech as recently as the 33w1d ultrasound. So we can still try for a vaginal delivery.
Pray that she can handle it, small and early though she may be. And pray that my body can decide to be ready to deliver a baby this early.
I was 40-50% effaced and 1 cm dilated when I got here. Which they tell me is amazing given that I’m still only 33 weeks. So I take that as a good sign.
Also pray that a spot opens in the NICU before BGL arrives so she doesn’t have to be transferred to a different hospital. I am not sure I could handle being stuck in this hospital while she’s somewhere else.
The depth of gratitude I feel for the prayers that have already been offered and have gotten us this far is not something I can properly express. Just know I know that we are so much better off tonight because of the care and concern and prayers of so many.
If you wondered, the baby shower that was going to happen on 33w6d is not going to happen.