today is the last day of the fiscal year for the federal government.
fy2017 starts tomorrow. my staff and i are mind-boggled at how suddenly 2016 disappeared.
i just erased a few paragraphs of complaint about upcoming performance evaluations and performance plans for the next fiscal year.
i have instead decided to make a list of things i’m thankful for about my job. i’m thankful…
- i only have to do performance evaluations and performance plans once a year.
- i am able to work from home four days a week.
- i am able to support my family.
- i really like and enjoy the people that i work with.
- Congress passed a couple-months’ budget so i can report to work on monday and still get paid.
- my boss likes and respects me.
- i have never been in an accident of any kind in all of the times i have driven to and from DC for the last 7-and-a-half years.
- for federal holidays that i get off work that other don’t (like columbus day) even if it means i have to work the day after thanksgiving).
- for the affordable health insurance i have as a federal employee.
- for times that i get to work on new projects and learn new things.
is 10 things enough?
i say it’s enough for now.